About the Embassy
Ambassador Barzun was officially sworn in by U.S. Secretary of State John Kerry on 15th August 2013 at the Department of State in Washington, DC.
You can read about Ambassador Barzun's activities on his speeches page.
Deputy Chief of Mission
The Deputy Chief of Mission ('Minister') is Elizabeth L. Dibble.
Photos of the Embassy
High-resolution images of the U.S. Embassy London are available further down the page .
- Consular Section
- Commercial Service
- Customs, see, Customs and Border Protection
- Defense Attaché
- Department of Homeland Security (Immigration/DHS)
- Economic Affairs
- Foreign Agricultural Service
- Internal Revenue Service
- London Regional Media Hub
- Public Affairs
- Office of Defense Cooperation
- Minister Counselor for Management: Lawrence Richter
- Counselor for Agricultural Affairs: Eugene Philhower
- Minister Counselor for Commercial Affairs: John D. Breidenstine
- Minister Counselor for Consular Affairs/Consul General: David C. Stewart
- Minister Counselor for Economic Affairs: Julie Nutter
- Minister Counselor for Political Affairs:Mark Tokola
- Minister Counselor for Public Affairs: Thomas Leary
- Belfast, Northern Ireland Consul General: Gregory S. Burton
- Edinburgh, Scotland Principal Officer: Zoja D. Bazarnic
New U.S. Embassy
All information, news and high-resolution imagery for our new U.S. Embassy in London is on our new Embassy page.
Performance and Accountability Reports
The Embassy is present on several social networking sites and runs several blogs. Here is a list of our social media services:
American Citizen Services | Education | Environment, Science, Technology & Health | Visa Services |
Facebook: Embassy London | Consulate-General Belfast |
FourSquare: Find us and places nearby on Foursquare |
Photos: on FlickR |
Twitter: All accounts | Consular | Embassy | Press Office | Culture | Consulate-General Belfast |
Audio/Video: Youtube | Podcasts | RSS: News - Service updates |
Photos of the U.S. Embassy in Grosvenor Square
The Ambassador to the Court of St. James's is the personal representative of the President, and oversees the Embassy, as well as Consulates General in Edinburgh and Belfast and the Virtual Presence Post Cardiff. The Ambassador's residence is Winfield House.
Representatives from the State Department and 26 other U.S. government agencies manage portfolios concerning economic, commercial and agricultural affairs, consular and immigration issues, customs, transportation, and law enforcement activities, as well as political and military relations, and public affairs.
• New U.S. Embassy
• History of the Embassy
• Grosvenor Square
• Lincoln Bicentennial
• Winfield House
• Consulate-General Belfast
• Consulate-General Edinburgh
• Virtual Presence Post Cardifff
Embassy Location Map
Using a GPS or Google Maps?
To reach the U.S. Embassy when using a GPS you must use the postcode W1A 2LQ. Any other postcode will lead you to a post office sorting station!
The Embassy is located on Grosvenor Square which is in Mayfair. If you are traveling by London Underground, take the Central Line to Bond Street or Marble Arch. If approaching the Embassy from Oxford Street, walk down North Audley Street, which is the street opposite the Marble Arch Marks & Spencer’s store and Selfridges. Access to the Embassy is via the Security Checkpoint.
Disabled Access: Those requiring assistance should make themselves known to the security guards at the gate.