Visa application form DS-160
Complete the visa application form DS-160 for each person applying for a visa, even babies and children who may be included in a parent's passport. Please note the following points:
- To complete your online visa application, you need a digital photo. Please read carefully the requirements to upload your photo and the photo specifications before you begin completing your application. You must upload a photo in order to submit your application. If the photo you upload is not accepted as suitable, you will be given the option to continue without a photo. If you choose to do this, you must bring with you to the interview a photograph which meets the above photo specifications;
- Select London, England as the location at which you apply for the visa.
- Fill out all required information completely and correctly, including selecting the appropriate visa type. Significant errors or information marked as "N/A" or "Nil" may result in your application being rejected at the time of your interview. This would require you to complete the entire application again and to reschedule your interview;
- If asked the question, "Have you attended any educational institutions other than an elementary school", please list all educational institutions you have attended since the age of 11;
- In the "Travel Information Section" please ensure that you select the correct visa category under "Purpose of Travel to the United States" which in your case is "Student/Exchange Visitor (F, J, M, Q)" - the drop down list will appear in answer to the question "Are you the Principal Applicant". Dependents - spouse and children under the age of 21 - will be required to select the principal applicant's purpose of travel;
- Print the Confirmation Sheet in "Portrait" format.
Important Notice: As you complete the visa application, save a copy onto your hard drive and 'save' often.
Before going any further, please ensure that you have your passport and travel details to hand. The application will time out after 20 minutes and any unsaved data will be lost. Remember save often!
♦ As you complete the visa application, save a copy onto your hard drive, CD or USB and ‘save’ often.
♦ Provide acurate and complete information in answer to the questions. You will be given an opportunity to review the information before submitting the form. If you submit a DS-160 that is inaccurate or incomplete, your application will be rejected.
♦ Review the Department of State photo specifications before uploading the photograph. If your photo does not comply, it will be rejected.
♦ Select London, England as the location at which you will apply for the visa.
♦ Selection the correct visa category under "Purpose of Travel to the United States"
♦ Print the Confirmation Sheet in Portrait format
Notice 22 C.F.R.6 41.103 requires an applicant to sign and submit his or her own Nonimmigrant Visa Application unless otherwise exempt. Although the applicant may receive assistance from a third party in preparing the application, the applicant is required to click the “Sign Application” button at the end of the application. The applicant's failure to sign the application may result in a termination of the application.