Skip Global Navigation to Main Content
Skip Breadcrumb Navigation

Frequently Asked Questions

Updated: 21 May 2014

Q: Where can I find information on exporting to the UK?

A: The U.S. Commercial Service UK provides export assistance.

Q: Where can I find market information on a specific industry?

A: Summaries of market research reports prepared on specific industry sectors by the U.S. Commercial Service are available at our Market Research Library. You will find additional information in our Country Commercial Guide.

Q: Where can I find information on other European markets?

A: Check out our separate all-Europe website.  You may view a complete list of our offices worldwide.

Q: Where can I find information pertaining to trade with the European Union in general?

A:  The U.S. Mission to the European Union can provide helpful information about EU standards and regulations, how to access markets in key sectors, find procurement opportunities and much more. 

Q:  Where can I find customs information for shipping goods to the United States?

A: The Embassy's Customs and Border Protection (CBP) office provides information on customs regulations.

Q:  Where can I obtain assistance exporting food and agricultural products to the UK?

A:  The U.S. Department of Agriculture, Foreign Agricultural Trade Office at the Embassy in London assists U.S. exporters of agricultural products.

Q:  I am a UK citizen interested in establishing a company in the United States. Where can I get information?

A: Please visit the SelectUSA website where you will find information on investing in the United States, with advice on programs and incentives to help your business succeed.  Most U.S. states have an economic development office based in Europe. Please visit the website of the  Council of American States in Europe for more information.

Q: Does the U.S. Embassy offer procurement contracts or solicitations?

A: Please see our Contract Solicitations page for current government contract solicitations.

Q:  Where can I find information about entry and visa regulations for non-U.S. citizens traveling to the United States?

A:  Please visit the U.S. Embassy's Consular Section.

Other useful Frequently Asked Questions pages: