Investing in the USA
Investing in the USA
President Obama announced the SelectUSA initiative to showcase the United States as the world’s premier business location and to provide easy access to federal-level programs and services related to business investment. SelectUSA is designed to complement the activities of our states—the primary drivers of economic development in the United States.
- Remarks by President Obama at 2015 SelectUSA Investment Summit
- Facts on New Steps to Attract Foreign Investors to U.S
- Top 10 reasons to invest in the U.S.
Innovative and Useful U.S. Cluster Mapping Tool
16 April 2015
When you think of business and investment opportunities in the United States, where’s the best place to start?
America is made up of 50 states plus territories and each location has its own unique economic profile. The U.S. Cluster Mapping Tool, a combined effort of the Harvard Business School and the U.S. Economic Development Administration, is THE starting place for anyone looking to expand their business in the U.S.
The free, online Cluster Mapping tool uses more than 50 million data records to help you identify industry regional clusters and make informed investment decisions.
Attracting Investment, Increasing Employment
On the SelectUSA website, state economic development agencies and businesses — foreign and domestic — will find the information they need to better understand the complete value proposition offered to firms located in the United States.
Information provided includes:
- A searchable guide of federal programs and services available to businesses operating in the United States—including grants, loans, loan guarantees, and tax incentives
- Industry snapshots that describe the competitive landscape
- A catalogue on “Why to Select the USA?” that explains the advantages of operating a business in the United States
- A clickable map of the United States to direct our business visitors to individual states’ economic development agencies—their principal partners in the site selection process
Our London office would be pleased to help you ; see here for contact details.