Federal Benefits / Social Security
You may contact us in a variety of ways but the most efficient way is by using our online form.
The Federal Benefits Unit (FBU) provides services for six federal benefits programs outside the U.S. The largest program is the Social Security Administration. The FBU provides assistance to over 44,000 beneficiaries throughout the UK, Belgium, Luxembourg, and 16 countries in Africa.
The Federal Benefits Unit is unable to answer inquiries related to visas, passports or other non-federal benefit issues. Please see the Embassy Sections page for assistance in contacting the correct department.
Updated 28 July 2015
- 27 July 2015
CHASE ACCOUNT HOLDERS: Closure of debit card program
Effective August 3, 2015 there will be no further deposits into Chase debit card accounts. If you hold a Chase debit card account, and you have not yet provided us with new bank details, your Social Security benefits will be paid by dollar check mailed to the address held on your Social Security record. Chase debit cards can still be used to withdraw funds already in the account. For further information, the Chase customer helpdesk telephone number is on the reverse of your debit card, or go online to http://www.ucard.chase.com
- Services provided by the London Federal Benefits Unit
- For general enquiries see: Contacting the London Federal Benefits Unit
- Filing for Benefits or Medicare
- mySocialSecurity Online Services
- Social Security Numbers (SSN)
- Reporting a Change of Address
- Reporting a Death
- Starting or Changing a Direct Deposit
- Social Security Benefit Statements
- Foreign Enforcement Questionnaire (Forms SSA-7161 or SSA-7162)
For a list of websites please see below or the feature box on the right: