Resources for US Citizens in the UK
We have the following resources to assist U.S. citizens in England and Wales. We hope that you find the information useful.
For information about visiting the UK, you should check the Department of State website, travel.state.gov for up-to-date information about travelling to the United Kingdom.
The Law Society of England and Wales maintains lists of solicitors on its website. You may search by name, location and field of practice. This can be particularly helpful if you need a solicitor outside the London area or one who specializes in a particular area of law. The website also provides general guidance on common legal issues such as UK divorce, wills, probate and personal injury claims: http://www.lawsociety.org.uk/find-a-solicitor/
Education and Organizations
- U.S. Schools in the United Kingdom
- U.S. Educational Organizations in the UK
- U.S. Alumni Organizations in the United Kingdom
- U.S. Social and Cultural Organizations in the United Kingdom
- U.S. Women's Organizations in the UK
- Other U.S. Organizations in the United Kingdom
- U.S. Universities/Colleges in the United Kingdom
- BUNAC Blue Card Internship Program
- Lower-Cost Accommodation In and Near London
- Homeless Shelters in London (PDF 309Kb)
- Homeless Shelters in England and Wales (PDF 444Kb)
- Marriage & Civil Partnerships in England and Wales
Smart Traveler, invites you to see the world with easy access to frequently updated official country information, travel
alerts, travel warnings, maps, U.S. embassy locations, and more. Click here to get it !
If you are a U.S. Citizen currently traveling abroad, you may wish to enroll in the Smart Traveler Enrollment Program. You can do so through the Department of State's STEP system.