Living in the UK
Our Guidebook to Living and Traveling in the United Kingdom (PDF - 1.4Mb) is designed to assist U.S. citizens with a variety of administrative and personal matters. The Guidebook is a 165-page Adobe PDF document and requires the free Acrobat Reader software.
In addition, we have the following resources to assist U.S. citizens in England and Wales. We hope that you find the information useful.
If you do not have the Acrobat Reader software installed, you can download it for free.
Education and Organizations
- U.S. Schools in the United Kingdom
- U.S. Alumni and Educational Organizations in the United Kingdom
- U.S. Social and Cultural Organizations in the United Kingdom
- Other U.S. Organizations in the United Kingdom
- U.S. Universities/Colleges in the United Kingdom
- BUNAC Blue Card Internship Program
- Lower-Cost Accommodation In and Near London
- Homeless Shelters in London (PDF 309Kb)
- Homeless Shelters in England and Wales (PDF 444Kb)
- Marriage & Civil Partnerships in England and Wales
Smart Traveler, invites you to see the world with easy access to frequently updated official country information, travel
alerts, travel warnings, maps, U.S. embassy locations, and more. Click here to get it !
If you are a U.S. Citizen currently traveling abroad, you may wish to enroll in the Smart Traveler Enrollment Program. You can do so through the Department of State's STEP system.