The Consulate General assumes no responsibility for the professional ability or integrity of the persons whose names appear on these lists
List of Local Doctors and Dentists
American citizens are reminded that medical treatment cannot be provided free of charge as visitors to this country do not qualify for treatment under the National Health Service. It is important to telephone the doctor's surgery for an appointment. A list of general practitioners in your area can be obtained from your local post office, library, Thompson telephone directory, and by NHS Direct at 0845-4647.
Dr. J. M. Fitch, 2 Lower Crescent, Belfast, BT7; Tel: (028) 9032-0919.
Dr. Hamilton or Dr. Boyd, 436 Lisburn Road, Belfast, BT9 6GR; Tel: (028) 9066-7595.
Mr. Martyn Chapman, 502 Upper Newtownards Road, Belfast, BT4; Tel: (028) 9065-3678.
Mr. D. E. B. Mark, 32 Shore Road, Holywood, Co. Down; Tel: (028) 9042-7325.
Mr. D. F. McKenna, 47 Clarendon Street, Londonderry; Tel: (028) 7126-9189.
Legal Aid and List of Solicitors in Northern Ireland
The Consulate General assumes no responsibility for the professional ability or integrity of the persons whose names appear in this list.
Information and Advice Centers
- Women's Aid Domestic Violence 24 hour Helpline (028) 9033-1818
- Rape Crisis and Sexual Abuse Centre (028) 9024-9696.
- Citizen's Advice Bureaux (028) 9023-1120
- Council for the Homeless (028) 9024-6440
- Homeless Advice (028) 9031-7000
- Victim Support Northern Ireland (028) 9024-4039; email@example.com
Marriage Regulations in Northern Ireland
American Organizations in Northern Ireland
- Ulster American Women's Club (UAWC) - Contact details can be obtained from the Consulate. Please telephone (028) 9038-6100.
- American Expats in the U.K.
Driving in Northern Ireland
Driving license requirements for holders of American driver’s licenses can be found at http://www.direct.gov.uk. Click on "Motoring" and "More about driver licensing". The UK Road Traffic Act of 1988 requires observance of the Highway Code. The code booklet is prepared by the Department of Environment Transport Regions (DETR) and can be found at http://www.direct.gov.uk. Click on "Travel and Transport" and "The Highway Code".