Skip Global Navigation to Main Content
Skip Breadcrumb Navigation
Passports, Reports of Birth & Citizenship

NEWS - Overseas U.S. Passport Processing

Updated 19 June 2015

The issues affecting passport operations have been resolved and overseas passports are being issued.  However delays are occurring.  

If you have applied for a passport, have not received your passport and have confirmed travel within the next three workdays, please contact us

Passports, Reports of Birth and Citizenship

Welcome to the Passport & Citizenship Unit of the U.S. Embassy London.  We provide services for United States Citizens resident in England and Wales.  We are open for appointments Monday to Friday mornings.  The Unit is closed to the public on U.S. and British Public Holidays.

If you reside in Northern Ireland or Scotland, please use the links below for information about passport services. For post specific information, including opening hours for U.S. Consulate General Edinburgh or Consulate General Belfast, please visit their website. 

We recommend, for the best experience, that you view these pages on a desktop computer

What Service Do You Require?

I want to renew my adult passport

I want to apply for a new adult passport - my last passport was issued before I was 16 or more than 15 years ago

I want to report the birth of my child born outside the United States

I want to renew my child's passport (under 16)

I want to exchange my limited validity U.S. passport for full validity

I want to replace a lost or stolen U.S. passport

I want to replace a damaged U.S. passport

I want to apply for a second U.S. passport

I want to apply for an emergency passport - I have travel in less than 5 working days.

I have already applied for a U.S. passport or Report of Birth Abroad and have been asked to send additional documents

My passport is held by the UK Home Office or a foreign Embassy, I want to apply for an emergency U.S passport

I want to change the name on my U.S. passport

I want to add visa pages to my U.S. passport

I want to apply for a passport card

I think I have a claim to U.S. citizenship - I want to apply for my first U.S. passport

I want to give up my U.S. citizenship

Please note:  There is no walk-in service for United States citizens who require a service related to passports, citizenship or birth registration.  These services are by appointment only.  

Traveling to Europe?

  • A badge linking to information about the Schengen Area

Melissa Renews Her U.S. Passport

How to get an Emergency Passport