Lost or Stolen Passports
Lost or Stolen U.S. Passports
If your U.S. passport has been lost or stolen, you must apply for a new passport in person through a pre-arranged appointment.
You must bring the following:
- Evidence of U.S. Citizenship - Such evidence may include but is not limited to: U.S. birth or naturalization certificate, Report of Birth Abroad or an expired U.S. passport.
- Valid, government issued photo I.D.(such as a U.S. or foreign passport, drivers licence or military I.D)
- One U.S. passport sized (2x2inch) photograph - see photo requirements for information. Photos which do not meet the requirements will be rejected.
- For applicants under 16, a birth certificate must also be presented and both parents must attend the appointment with the child. If only one parent can appear, please follow these instructions. Attending parents must bring government issued photo I.D.
- Applicants aged 16-17 must be accompanied by a parent or legal guardian. The accompanying adult must bring government issued photo I.D
- Form DS-11 (click to be taken to the form). Complete the form online, then print and submit to the U.K. Before you begin, see our YouTube video for instructions on completing the form. DO NOT mail this form to the United States and DO NOT sign it until before a Consular Officer.
- Form DS-64: Statement Regarding Lost or Stolen Passport This form will be automatically generated when you complete Form DS-11 and declare your passport lost/stolen;
- The non-refundable application fee for a U.S. passport is $105.00 (for under 16s) or $135.00 (for over 16s). You will pay the fee in person to the Cashier at the time you appear at the Embassy. Fee information is available here.
Scheduling the Appointment
If you reside in England or Wales and will be applying for a passport service at the U.S. Embassy in London, please follow this link for further detailed information.
If you reside in Northern Ireland and will be applying for a passport service at the U.S. Consulate General in Belfast, please follow this link for further information
If you reside in Scotland and will be applying for a passport service at the U.S. Consulate General in Edinburgh, please follow this link for further detailed information.
Attending the Embassy in London
Electronic devices such as mobile phones, Blackberries, iPods, iPads, notebook computers, PDAs, headsets with electronic components, or anything with a power plug or battery, including children's toys, are not allowed within the Embassy grounds. The Embassy provides no storage facilities for such devices.
Large bags, such as backpacks, suitcases or packages classed above cabin-size allowance are not allowed within the Embassy grounds. More information about prohibited items and nearby storage facilities is available here.
Visitors who do not follow these instructions will experience considerable delays at the security check point, which could result in the interview being cancelled.