Lost or Stolen Passports
Lost or Stolen U.S. Passports
If your U.S. passport has been lost or stolen, you must apply for a new passport in person through a pre-arranged appointment.
You must bring the following:
- Evidence of U.S. Citizenship - Such evidence may include but is not limited to: U.S. birth or naturalization certificate, Report of Birth Abroad or an expired U.S. passport.
- Valid, government issued photo I.D.(such as a U.S. or foreign passport, drivers licence or military I.D)
- One U.S. passport sized (2x2inch) photograph - see photo requirements for information. Photos which do not meet the requirements will be rejected.
- For applicants under 16, a birth certificate must also be presented and both parents must attend the appointment with the child. If only one parent can appear, please follow these instructions. Attending parents must bring government issued photo I.D.
- Applicants aged 16-17 must be accompanied by a parent or legal guardian. The accompanying adult must bring government issued photo I.D
- Form DS-11 (click to be taken to the form)
You will complete an online form, which you will then print and submit in the UK.
Please ignore instructions regarding expeditious processing as these do not apply outside the United States.
You must print each page on a separate sheet.
DO NOT mail this form to the United States.
- Form DS-64: Statement Regarding Lost or Stolen Passport (click to download the form)
- The non-refundable application fee for a U.S. passport is $105.00 (for under 16s) or $135.00 (for over 16s). Fee information is available here.
Scheduling the Appointment
If you reside in England or Wales and will be applying for a passport service at the U.S. Embassy in London, please follow this link for further detailed information.
If you reside in Northern Ireland and will be applying for a passport service at the U.S. Consulate General in Belfast, please follow this link for further information
If you reside in Scotland and will be applying for a passport service at the U.S. Consulate General in Edinburgh, please follow this link for further detailed information.
Attending the Embassy in London
PLEASE DO NOT bring electronic devices such as mobile phones, Blackberries, iPods, iPads, notebook computers, PDAs, headsets, remote-entry automobile key "fobs", e-readers or anything with a power plug or battery as such items are not allowed within the Embassy grounds. The Embassy provides no storage facilities for such devices.
Large bags are not permitted inside the Embassy. More information about prohibited items and nearby storage facilities is available here.
Visitors who do not follow these instructions will experience considerable delays at the security check point, which could result in the interview being cancelled.