Passport Services by Mail
Passport Renewal by Mail
You must renew your passport by mail if you meet all of the following requirements:
Your most recent U.S Passport:
- Is undamaged and can be submitted with your application;
- Was issued within the last 15 years;
- Was issued with 10 year validity;and
- Was issued in your current name or you have changed your name and can submit legal documentation (e.g. marriage certificate, Change of Name Deed) to prove this change.
If you do not meet all these requirements, please follow the instructions here.
Please note that incomplete or incorrectly completed applications will be returned unprocessed.
You are required to furnish the following:
- Your most recent U.S. passport;
- One passport sized (2x2inch) photograph - see photo requirements for information or check out our SlideShare presentation. Photos which do not meet the requirements will be rejected;
- If you naturalized as a citizen of a foreign country since your last passport was issued, please provide a photocopy of your foreign naturalization certificate and a statement confirming whether or not it was your intention to relinquish U.S. citizenship when you naturalized as a foreign citizen;
DS-82 (Click to be taken to the form).
You are required to complete the form online, then print it and submit in the U.K. Before you begin, see our YouTube video for instructions on completing the form. Please DO NOT mail the form to the United States;
- The non-refundable application fee for a passport renewal by mail is $110.00. Download the credit card payment form, here, as a PDF.
Submitting the Application
If you reside in England, Wales or Scotland you are required to apply for passport services through the U.S. Embassy in London, please follow this link for information on submitting your application.
If you reside in Northern Ireland and are applying for passport services at the U.S. Consulate General in Belfast, please follow this link for information on submitting your application.