Notary Services for All Nationalities
April Service Announcement
Updated 24 April 2015
Due to staffing issues, the U.S. Embassy in London is reducing notary services until late summer 2015. If this is an urgent matter and there are no appointments available, you may wish to have your documents notarized through the British system. Documents notarized in this way are acceptable for use in the U.S. as they comply with the Hague Convention Abolishing the Requirement of Legalization for Foreign Public Documents. Click here for more information on the process. If no appointments are available and you have an IRS or State Department DS-3053 that must be notarized, please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
Notary Services for all Nationalities
Each Notarial Service requires an appointment, which is scheduled online through the Embassy website.
- The fee per Consular seal is US$50
- Be sure to bring your passport or government issued photo I.D., along with the documents you would like notarized.
- It can take about 90 minutes for the notarial process, depending on the circumstances of the case.
- Please look at your document and read it carefully before attending the Embassy. If two people need to sign the same document, or if a witness is required, the names of all attendees must be submitted in advance.
- When you have booked an appointment online, write down the appointment I.D. and password. You will need these if you wish to change your appointment.
- Once you have booked an appointment online, if you will bring witnesses, you must use the Notary Contact Form to confirm the date and time of your appointment and the name of each witness. Failure to do so will result in your witnesses being refused entry to the Embassy.
- DO NOT sign the document
I would like to:
CONSULATES IN EDINBURGH AND BELFAST
Notary appointments are available at both consulates. Please click on the relevant link for further information:
Visiting Embassy London
Electronic devices such as laptops are not allowed within the Embassy grounds. For a list of prohibited items and storage facilities within the vicinity of the Embassy, please click here.
Large bags, such as backpacks, suitcases or packages classed above cabin-size allowance are also not allowed within the Embassy grounds. Please see this PDF file for a list of Left Luggage storage facilities (PDF - 36kb).
Visitors who do not follow these instructions will experience considerable delays at the security check point, which could result in the appointment being cancelled.