Alumni of the Month
International Visitor Leadership Alumnus February 2012
01 February 2012
February’s Alumnus of the Month is Stephen Wilkinson, Detective Inspector, Metropolitan Police Service, who traveled to the U.S. in 2006 on the International Visitor Leadership Program “Combating Trafficking in Persons.” During his 30 year career with the Metropolitan Police, Stephen has become a specialist in combating human trafficking. He currently serves as an advisor for the U.N., training other international police forces in human trafficking issues.
Watch Stephen discuss how the IVLP gave him a “warts and all” perspective on combating trafficking in persons in the U.S., and how he was later able to draw on the links he made with other European IVLP participants to assist with live cases.
For more information about our exchange programs can be found here.
U.S. Exchange Program Alumni
Over the last 60 years, thousands of UK citizens have traveled to the United States on exchange programs sponsored by the American Embassy in London. Each month we highlight alumni of these programs:
- February 2012 - Stephen Wilkinson
- January 2012 - Fulbright Teacher Exchange Program
- December 2011 - Tony Mercer
- November 2011 - Kathleen Velo
- October 2011 - Jim Waters
- September 2011 - Joan Camp
- July/August 2011 - Ananda Ituarte-Ojeda and Matthew Link
- June 2011 - Gaby Agis
- May 2011 - Henry Jeffrey
- April 2011 - The John Adams Society
- February/March 2011 - Tasneem Mahmood
- January 2011 - Muddassar Ahmed
- November 2010 - Bill Sanderson
- September 2010 - Shazia Awan
- August 2010 - Yvonne Murphy
- July 2010 : Angela Palmer