U.S. Embassy London
Updated 19 May 2015
The Embassy is located on Grosvenor Square which is in Mayfair. If you are traveling by London Underground, take the Central Line to Bond Street or Marble Arch. If approaching the Embassy from Oxford Street, walk down North Audley Street, which is the street opposite the Marble Arch Marks & Spencer's store and Selfridges. Access to the Embassy is via the Security Checkpoint.
- If you are a Consular visitor please see the access guidelines for American citizen services (Passports, SCS, Federal Benefits, etc) or Visa services;
- If are you visiting the IRS London the access guidelines are the same as Consular visitors ; please see the IRS London homepage;
- Other visitors should note that electronic devices such as laptops are not allowed within the Embassy grounds. Please see this list (PDF) of prohibited items and storage facilities within the vicinity of the Embassy.
Large bags, such as backpacks, suitcases or packages classed above cabin-size allowance are also not allowed within the Embassy grounds. Please see this PDF file for a list of Left Luggage storage facilities (PDF - 36kb).
- Visitors to the ACS section (Passports & Citizenship, Special Consular Services, Federal Benefits, Notaries) should ensure that they have requested special access. Contact details for each unit are on the American Citizen Services homepage.
- Visa applicants should ensure that they have requested special access using our form.
- Persons who are accompanied by a carer must advise the section they are visiting of their carer's name and contact details before their visit.
Using a GPS or Google Maps, you must use the postcode W1A
Any other postcode may lead you to a post office sorting station!