Skip Global Navigation to Main Content
Skip Breadcrumb Navigation

Frequently Asked Questions

Updated 18 May2 015


For FAQs relating to visas, both immigrant and nonimmigrant, as well as the I-94W, prescriptions and children travelling on their own, please see here.

American citizens may find answers to common questions on our ACS FAQs page.


How do I contact the Embassy?

Our phone number, mailing and GPS addresses are listed on our Contact Us page.


How can I report problems with your website? How do I contact the  Webmaster?

This site is administered by the Public Affairs Section at the American Embassy in London on behalf of the American Embassy.
If you wish to report errors in this web site direct your email to

If you are reporting a problem PLEASE provide the following information:

  • The web-address (URL) of the page you were visiting (source page);
  • The link-text you clicked when you experienced the problem (target page);
  • What you were trying to find or achive;
  • What browser or what mobile phone/device you were using;
  • Any other information (briefly!) which you feel would assist in troubleshooting.

Please note that we are ONLY responsible for the websites of the U.S. Embassy in London, the U.S. Consulates in Belfast and Edinburgh and Virtual Presence Post Wales

For problems relating to, ESTA or the DS-160 websites, please see the contact details provided on those sites.

There is at present no general embassy email address; nor is there an email address for visa enquiries.


Why is there also a website? 

The official website of the U.S. Embassy in London may be accessed at

The U.S. Embassy London uses to host our blogs.  A list of active blogs is on this page.

All official websites of the United States government utilize domain names ending with a ".gov" suffix.  U.S. Embassies may also provide suitable web aliases in their host country and they may also host additional websites.  It is important to note that ONLY the ".gov" websites are the official U.S. embassy websites containing official press releases and materials. 


How can I access the websites of other U.S. Embassies worldwide?

The U.S. Department of State maintains as a list of all U.S. government Embassy, Consulate and Virtual Presence Post (VPP) websites.