Office of Defense Cooperation
Updated 27 May 2015
We are a joint service office assigned to facilitate U.S. government and industry national interests within the U.K. defense acquisition environment. We work to:
- Support U.S. National Security Policy Objectives
- Support Headquarters European Command Security Assistance Policy
- Support U.S. and U.K Industry in Cooperative Defense Program Management
- Support U.S. and U.K. Military Departments and Program Offices in Cooperative Program Management
- Track and Manage Allied Military Sales
- Support Operational Logistics within the U.K.
- Assist with Research and Development activities aimed toward cooperative programs
- Coordinate and Program Foreign Military Sales Training
- Facilitate Contractor Clearance Requests
19 March 2015 U.S. Aircraft Carrier Theodore Roosevelt and Destroyer Winston S. Churchill To Visit Portsmouth The Nimitz-class aircraft carrier USS Theodore Roosevelt and the guided-missile destroyer USS Winston S. Churchill are scheduled to pull in to Portsmouth, U.K., for the first port visit of their deployment. The port visit serves to enhance U.S. – U.K. relations as the two nations work together for a stable, secure and prosperous Europe.
11 June 2014 Military leaders meet in London for first time since WWII Yesterday saw London host the entire US defence staff for the first time since the 1940’s. The Combined Chiefs of Staff (CCS) from the US and the UK met to discuss long-term strategic challenges the respective armed forces can expect to face together in the future.
04 June 2014 Bombers Arrive at RAF Fairford to Train and Exercise Capabilities Two U.S. B-52 Stratofortresses from Barksdale Air Force Base, La., and one Minot Air Force Base, N.D., B-52 currently operating from Ellsworth Air Force Base, S.D., arrived at Royal Air Force Fairford, England, today, where Airmen will train and integrate with U.S. and allied military forces in the region.
16 April 2014 F-35 Lightning II jet to make maiden British flight (via gov.uk) The F-35 Lightning II will make its international debut in July at the Royal International Air Tattoo in Fairford and in the same month will also fly at the Farnborough International Air Show. This will be the first time the combat aircraft has flown outside of the United States.
11 April 2014 USAF Fact Sheet: F-35A Lightning II Conventional Takeoff and Landing Variant (via AF.mil)
25 September 2013 Fact Sheet: The Arms Trade Treaty
29 November 2011 The U.S.-UK Defense Trade Cooperation Treaty