Operator Assisted Visa Information & Nonimmigrant Visa Appointment Booking Service
The Operator Assisted Visa Information and Nonimmigrant Appointment Booking Service is available at the following times:
- Monday - Friday : 8.00 a.m. until 21:00 BST (GMT +1)
- Saturday : 09.00 a.m. until 16:00 BST (GMT +1)
Callers within the United Kingdom
Callers from within the United Kingdom should dial 09042-450-100. Calls to this line are charged at £1.23/min plus network extras. Callers from outside the U.K. and some mobile and network providers cannot access this number.
Callers from the United States
Callers from within the United States should dial 1-866-382-3589. Callers are charged a fixed rate of $20:00 which is payable by credit card - Visa, MasterCard, American Express only. Please ensure that you have your credit card details available when making the call and note that you will be required to provide the agent with a U.K. address when scheduling the appointment.
Callers scheduling an appointment to apply for a Nonimmigrant Visa
Are required to furnish:
- the name and address of the visa applicant;
- his or her place & date of birth;
- passport nationality & number;
- email address. (If you do not have an email account in your name, you may elect a third party to receive the information on your behalf); and
- exchange visitor (J-1) visa applicants - the program number on the form DS-2019 or
- petition based applicants - the petition receipt number and Case ID which is found on the Notice of Action, Form I-797, together with the start date of the petition.
Payment of the nonimmigrant MRV application fee
Applicants are required to pay the nonimmigrant MRV application fee when scheduling the appointment for the visa interview. Payment is by credit or debit card card only. Please click on "Visa Fees"on the left-hand navigation bar for further information. When making payment you will be asked to enter your credit or debit card details via your telephone keypad, rather than reading them out over the phone.
- An appointment for an interview may only be scheduled through the Operator Assisted Visa Information Service; appointments cannot be scheduled by email. If you are unable to call the number yourself, please have a friend, relative or colleague call on your behalf. They will require your passport number in order to schedule an appointment.
- Family or married couples applying for visas at the same time may schedule one appointment per family or couple. All others must schedule individual appointments.
- If you are required to attend the Embassy in person and you have a child under the age of 14, you may bring his or her completed visa application to your interview. There is no requirement that the child attend in person.
Calling about a USCIS petition?
If your inquiry concerns an immigrant visa petition being processed by the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services or an immigrant visa application being processed by the National Visa Centre in New Hampshire, you must contact the appropriate office for further information. We regret that the Operator Assisted Information Service will not be able to assist you with your inquiry.
Premium Rate Service Inquiry Line
Customers who believe that they have incurred excessive call charges when using the Operator Assisted Information Service may call the Premium Rate Service Inquiry Line on 0845 270 0552*. The line is available Monday through Friday between the hours of 8:00 am and 9:00 pm and Saturday, 9:00 and 4:00 pm BST. You will be asked to leave your contact details and one of the Customer Service team will call you back within 24 - 48 hours.
*Calls from UK landlines are charged at a local rate; mobile network providers may charge more.
Please note: Callers seeking visa information or who wish to book an appointment to apply for a nonimmigrant visa are required to call the Operator Assisted Information Service. Members of the Customer Service team are not able to assist you on this line.